WP Plugin – Feature Requests

Home Forums StockUnlocks WordPress Plugin WP Plugin – Feature Requests

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  zafer 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

SU Admin
    Keymaster

Here’s a nice place to let me know what you’d like to see in the StockUnlocks plugin for WordPress.

ladc_314
    Participant

Hi!

First, thanks for your plugin.

Here are some recommendations to improve plugin usage:

1.- Delete or make optional “Response Email:” field. There is no need of this as in the checkout users are prompted to register an account with a valid email, that makes “Response Email:” unnecessary and repetitive.

2.- Force products that use plugin to be “Individual Sold” item as the plugin already detects when user write 2 o more IMEIS per line.

3.- Use default Woocommerce order status and attach information to woo email templates (Keep it simple), for example:

+ Code ordered can be Woocommerce “Processing” status
    + Code delivered can be “Completed” status
    + Processing error can be “Failed” Status
    + Code pending refund can be “Refund”

Some plugin status and emails can remain (partially ones), but use woocommerce email templates (seems unprofessional receiving plain text emails and then receive beautiful designed emails)

3.1.- Can use plugin new order status, but use woocommerce default email templates to make it look professional and uniform designs.

SU Admin
    Keymaster

Thanks for your feedback. I just wanted to let you know that I saw this and will be coming back with more details later.

First off, two things I can address right now are the “Response Email” and the “WC Sold Individually” item.

Response Email:

When I developed the StockUnlocks Drupal module, four years ago, there were requests to be able to send replies to a different email than the one associated with the website’s customer account. This was the solution and it’s a carry over from the original StockUnlocks module. I used to have it so that if the user was logged in, it would default to their account email and they could change it if desired.

It probably will remain in place as it is to give the legacy users the functionality they originally requested. Making it optional … well … that’s always a possibility, but very low on my list right now. It sounds simple, but one update in the code here touches so many other things. There are other requests that require my attention right now, like automatically updating prices when Supplier’s source price changes, etc.

WC Sold Individually:

Yep. I tried that already with not so good results. Here’s an excerpt from my journal:

15-jan-17 > NEW: Had to disable the “add_filter( ‘woocommerce_is_sold_individually’, ‘suwp_remove_all_quantity_fields’, 10, 2 );”
    DUE TO FORCING A QUANTITY OF 1 WHEN ADDING MULTIPLE ITEMS [edit: of the same Product] TO THE CART. Other settings still won’t allow suwp services to increase beyond “1” here. IMEI totals are calculating properly.

For example, if the customer ordered 5 IMEI to be unlocked [edit: from one Product], WooCommerce would reset the quantity back to 1 when checking out if the Product was set to “Sold Individually”. The 5 IMEI would still be submitted to be unlocked though. Not so good, huh?

Even though the incremental control is there to increase/decrease the qty totals – try it, you’ll see that it won’t do anything to the final values (if the Product Category is “Remote Service”). I literally worked for days on this and finally settled on the best compromise.

I’m going to take a closer look at the email formatting and status things. I knew that I would come back, one day, and have to address the email formatting. I’ll comment here on my findings.

Thanks, again, for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

ladc_314
    Participant

Ok, understand your reasons for “Response email”, hope in a future update consider to make it optional.

WC Sold Individually
    Strange, Have tested by myself and after marked as Sold individually, WC do not reset the qty to 1, it maintained the qty and did the correct price calculation.

Thanks for your time, it’s a must for this kinds of stores.

SU Admin
    Keymaster

Regarding the WC Sold Individually, when I tested it, here’s what happened:

• I created a “Test – Product”, clicked on the “Inventory” tab (below “General”)
    • Put a “checkmark” after “Sold individually” right in front of “Enable this to only allow one of this item to be bought in a single order” and Updated it
    • I opened it up to view in the browser and clicked on “Add to cart” to add the single item to the cart with no problem
    • I went back to add an additional “Test – Product” to the cart and was presented with the message:
      You cannot add another “TEST – Product” to your cart.

WC seems to be doing what’s stated when it says: “Enable this to only allow one of this item to be bought in a single order”.

On the back-end, I was manipulating the product and WC enforced the “allow one of this item” in this case. It was a real pain trying to work around this when I needed to reference multiple IMEI within one custom field of a single Product in an attempt to increase the number of  items (Products) bought in a single order.

ladc_314
    Participant

Hi!

Another feature request: Add “Sequential Order Numbers” plugin compatibility https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/sequential-order-numbers/#faq-compatibility

Thanks!

SU Admin
    Keymaster

Starting with version 1.1.0, the StockUnlocks plugin for WordPress now supports Sequential Order Numbers.

This means that any email communication originating from the SU Plugin will display the sequential order number. Try it out and let me know if you have any issues.

All the best,
    Henry

ladc_314
      Participant

Awesome job (all working fine), plugin is getting improved in each update, will share with my unlock mates. Thanks!

zafer
    Participant

Hi Henry,

I think it would be nice to display the Product Delivery Time on the listing and single product pages as it is imported.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.