Drupal 7 – Intsall the StockUnlocks Drupal module

Home Forums StockUnlocks Drupal Module Drupal 7 – Intsall the StockUnlocks Drupal module

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SU Admin 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author

SU Admin
    Keymaster

Video link: http://youtu.be/hQPn_Z1oAqU

Video Transcript:

————————– Begin Transcript

One of the very first things that we need to do before installing the stockunlocks module is to configure our private file system path for your Drupal installation.

We do that by going into “Configuration”, scrolling down to the “Media” section and clicking on “File system”.

And this is the area we’re concerned with. You’ll notice that there are three different file system paths.

We have a public, private, and a temporary directory. And the one we’re most concerned with, first of all, is the “Private file system path”.

Your settings will need to be exactly what you see here: sites, forward slash default, forward slash files, forward slash private.

Just like we have here in this installation.

If you notice the public file system path, it follows a similar pattern, but it’s just missing the “private” section at the end.

And the temporary directory … this is what I have here set for my installation.

That could be whatever you like, but again: this is very important because the stockunlocks module writes its files to this directory exactly as we see here.

Once you have that set, go ahead and set “Private local files served by Drupal” and save your configuration.

Once we have the private files system path set up, it’s time to install the stockunlocks Drupal module.

We would do that first by going to Drupal dot org.

And once we’re there, there are two ways we can find the module.

The first thing we can do is search for it.

Under modules.

And it’s pretty straightforward there’s only one result.

And there it is.

Click on that.

Now we said that there are two ways to do it.

Either by searching for it here.

Or, we can enter directly in the URL: Drupal dot org, forward slash project, forward slash stockunlocks.

Once we’re there, just scroll down to the bottom and we find the download section.

Now instead of downloading the package, we’re just going to copy the link to the package, the URL.

And go back to our Drupal installation.

Navigate over to modules. Click on that.

We see here we have “Install new module”.

Just go ahead and give that a click.

And install from a URL. Just paste in our values that we copied in previously.

And click “Install”.

We wait for the confirmation: Completed.

Now this is very important: Once we’ve installed it, we need to enable it.

So we go over to “Enable newly added modules”.

We need to find the module.

I’ve already entered here “stockunlocks”, so you can do the same

and just search for it on the page. That’s one way to find it.

There it is.

We’ll just click to enable it.

And we’ll save the configuration by scrolling all the way to the bottom and clicking on “Save configuration”.

Once our configuration is saved, we always need to run the “update script” for whenever we install a new module, it’s very important to do this because it completes our installation for us.

Now, if you are doing this on a live site, you should have gone into “maintenance mode” beforehand.

But since this is a tutorial site, we didn’t need to do that.

But it’s good practice to go into maintenance mode, but not only that, it’s good practice to backup your database.

Back up your code. Before you make any changes to your installation.

But in this case we are just going to continue.

We’re running the Drupal database update functions.

And we’re good to go here. So we can navigate back to our front page.

So we can see that there have been some modifications to our Drupal installation.

First off, we see that there is a new stockunlocks view here.

We’ll get into that a little later as well as these other links under our navigation menu.

There’s something about API actions, adding APIs, designated provider, API status.

Again, these are the things that we’ll look at a little later.

But right now we’re going to focus on modifying our installed stockunlocks e-mail templates.

Why e-mail templates first?

Well, because the default values in there are not yours.

You need to make these match your website.

So go ahead an click on “Email templates”.

When we get to our e-mail template section, we’ll notice this drop down.

There are several e-mail templates that have been prepared for you.

When an order has been successfully placed, when an order fails,

when checking on an order fails, when an order is available,

rejected, or if the need arises to send a mass e-mail to customers.

Each one of these has variables and specific information pertaining to your website.

Now we’re just checking on the “Order Success” message.

Just one of the many that are there.

This is the message that the customer receives after placing an order.

If you look closely, you’ll see that there are certain words within curly braces, preceded by a dollar sign.

These are variables. They’re going to be replaced with actual values once the message is sent.

So, there’s no need to adjust these in any way.

You, typically, will adjust the text surrounding them.

We’ll go ahead and scroll past these other variables in the message body and look for sections, like this here, where it says: “your website here”.

Go ahead and replace that information with your specific website information, of course.

and we’ll leave the forward slash “user” in place because that’s specific to Drupal.

When a user clicks on that link, it will take them directly to their user profile and allow them to access their order information as well.

Scrolling down a little further, we’ll see here the closing.

Just replace that with your store name or the name associated with the “from address” that we see here.

Of course, your website will be plugged in at that spot.

This section has “From Name” and “From Email”.

This is the e-mail address associated with your Drupal installation.

The administrator or the store e-mail address.

This will be the name associated with it.

And, of course, because we see red asterix here, that means that these values cannot be left blank.

So, where it say “Copy to”, you need to send a copy to this e-mail address here.

It’s very important to have a copy of all of your communication just in case some questions arise in the future regarding an order.

So go ahead and enter that: your “Copy to” e-mail address here.

Once you’ve made all of your adjustments to your e-mail template, go ahead an click “Update”.

If you look down at the bottom, you will see that we have “Update”, “Set Default”, and “Restore Default”.

And right below that, there’s this collapsible section: “Email Order Success Values”.

Now that contains our message and some variables and some other things.

But rather than talk about that right now, because this was pre-set, let’s just open up another e-mail template.

The “Order Available” template.

Scrolling down here, notice that there are only two buttons here because this is fresh.

The other one we worked on a little before the tutorial video, so the third button was available, but in this case it’s not.

Because this is what an e-mail template will look like fresh out of the box.

Again, we have our variables as we noted earlier.

But just take a look at this.

We’re going to change this to “My Website”.

And notice what happens when we update this.

“My Website” is still there because that’s what we updated it to.

And now we’re going to “Set Default”. Now imagine that we’ve set all of these values to exactly what we need them to be.

And now we say make this our default setting for this particular e-mail template.

We click “Set Default”.

And now we have a “Restore Default” because default values have been stored for this e-mail template.

So if I were to come back up here and just say “Jack’s Website” and update that.

And later on, I decide that I want to restore my default values … and just go ahead and do that.

And we see it’s back to “My Website”.

Because we set that as the default value for our e-mail template.

Scrolling below those buttons we see again the collapsible section.

But in this case it’s for our “Email Order Successful values”.

Here we have the “message”.

We have our “subject”.

The “from name”, the “from email”, and the “copy to”.

All represented above.

But over here we have a column named “Variables”.

These are all of the variables available to you.

To plug in anywhere in your e-mail template.

The customer’s first name, the IMEI, the order ID, the phone information which includes the model, the make, as well as the network and the country associated with that order.

and then the reply. That would be, since this is an “Order Available” template,

it would be the reply to the order, such as “success”, “unlocked”, things of that nature.

And then the service information: The name of the service that was ordered.

The time it takes for the order to be completed and other various details.

These are all of the settings pertaining to every e-mail template available to you.

So there are six e-mail templates. Two that are particular to the website administrator only.

And the rest are messages that are sent directly to the customer: success, available rejected and mass e-mails.

And in all cases a copy is sent to a designated e-mail address as well.

So at this time I would suggest to you to go ahead and make all of your adjustments to each and every e-mail template in your installation.

So that there will be no doubt whatsoever where these e-mails will be going to, as far as copies.

And the content of your message that will be sent to your customer.

Once you’ve completed that, we’ll just come back to configuring the API Provider information.

————————– End Transcript

dhru-user
    Participant

Dear team, I have installed Drupal 7, Ubercart and Stockunlocks drupal module and everything was successful.

However, I have added my API of my current supplier and I tried placing test orders to see if my orders are directly processed to my supplier, but doesn’t seem to be working.

Can you please tell me if I have done any wrong? Thanks in advance.

SU Admin
      Keymaster

Hi, it’s quite possible that your provider is using a modified version of the Dhru GSM API. We’ve had that happen with a few providers.

They make custom changes to the API, for whatever reason, making it so that the only way you can interact with them is either directly on their website or re-writing code that will fit their proprietary configuration.

If your tests worked with http://reseller.stockunlocks.com then your configuration is fine, according to the Dhru specification.

In the end, you will have to communicate with your provider directly to verify.

Regards

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.